If you’ve ever needed inspiration on how to estimate better, let Dr. Graham Tattersall be your guide. Using a couple dozen intriguingly odd examples, Dr. Tattersall talks you through a logical process for coming up with in-the-ball-park solutions.
For example, without using much outside reference help, you can learn the approximate answers to questions like these:
- Are you as powerful as a washing machine?
- How heavy is your house?
- How many piano tuners are there in Boston?
- How long would it take to send your body to Mars?
- How much land is needed to bury the dead each year?
- Is a storm more powerful than an atomic bomb?
- How many flies would it take to pull a car?
- How much does the moon weigh?
Geekspeak is a fun, stimulating intro into the (somewhat) practical side of geeky math.